Friday, November 21, 2008
Found this silver tray in my closet, I had forgotten how nice it was. Everything just sort of fell into place then, I wrapped my candle in a page from an old book and added a couple of charms. I thought my Moms old cameo necklace looked nice there, added an old postcard and envelope , both dated from Christmas 1913, the postcard is just lovely.A bit of greenery and some candles and I am done! I thought, why not add a bit of Christmas decor to the bedroom, I can enjoy it at the end of the day. Hope you all have a lovely weekend, it is bitter and cold here today, with just a touch of snow. Stay warm!!!
Monday, November 17, 2008
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Monday, November 10, 2008
Good morning! Isn't it funny how sometimes we know exactly how we want something to look...lets say a mantle and it just goes together with the greatest of ease, and yet other times we can do nothing right. Well this is my mantle in the sunroom and honestly I think I had the last mercury ball in place and the candles lit within half and hour and that was that.On the other hand my mantle in the living room took a wee bit longer, like oh maybe ALL morning !! I think part of it was because I had used alot of my Christmas things in the sunroom and also I did not want them to look the same, although I did want the same sort of feel for both of them. Anyway, blah blah blah... enough said..... hope you like No.1.... I will post No.2 in a bit......P.S. If you "click" on the photos you will be able to see them better, it is a very dull day here again and the light was not the best, I got rid of my stubby candles after I took the first photo as well.
Saturday, November 1, 2008
An affordable thing to collect, matchbox's..the top one I got today and just love.They are so detailed and pretty,when I get a few more I may put them into a glass jar and display them that way.The most I paid for one was today, $5.00at a little french shop called "PURE" I cand hardly wait to get some more......
Followers Thank you all so much,your comments just make my day!
- ► 2015 (14)
- ► 2014 (13)
- ► 2013 (24)
- ► 2012 (43)
- ► 2011 (50)
- ► 2010 (57)
- ► 2009 (51)
- Garden Crown # 2Had to do it, painted it white and...
- Found this silver tray in my closet, I had forgott...
- Good Monday morning.....busy weekend! After everyo...
- I AM IN LOVE ! Ever see something that makes your ...
- Good morning! Isn't it funny how sometimes we know...
- An affordable thing to collect, matchbox's..the to...
- ▼ November (6)
- Chrissy...The Apothecary Shop
- Starting over isn't easy but its what I am doing,married for 26 years I now find myself on my own..I have two amazing grown children..and will soon have a new daughter in law..so much to look forward too! Please stop by when ever you like,my door is always open!