MAY...

MAY...
If you love all things French...white..worn..chipped and old..your in the right place..come stay awhile...

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Follow your heart....

                                       Just look at these photos.......
                                       who could resist a face like that......not our girl Meg...
                                        she is off to Haiti..again in MAY this will be her longest stay yet...
                                          3 weeks...no showers, no comfortable bed...no phone calls home...
                                        one would think at 20 years old that might be torture....
                                       not for her...for her it is a calling if you will & for me it is something I must get used to...
                                cause one thing I know for sure is....
                                            Haiti has stolen Meg's heart....x0

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

You must be so proud of her....I'm proud of her!

She's going to go far with her big heart. xo

mary pernula said...

How beautiful! HUGS MARY

Cindy said...

What a lovely post. I am sure you are very proud of your beautiful girl!

chateau chic said...

The people of Haiti are wonderful. I was born there and spent my growing up years there as my parents were missionaries. The best years of my life! It's wonderful to see young people with a heart for the children of this country.
Mary Alice

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

How proud you must be!
What a difference she is making in this world!

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

This is wonderful.

Sue
xo

Carole said...

I can see why you are so very proud of her. We would do well to have more young people like her.


xx
Carole

Unknown said...

an amazing young woman! you must be so proud? God bless her! On a another note..would you kindly email me your address? (don't ask!):)

Amy Kinser said...

God bless your sweet daughter for following the calling God has put on her life.

Blessings to you all, Amy

Linecas have said...

Hi!

You must be so proud. And should be. youngs today as before set their mind on nonesence usually.
Your post is lovely. I anderstand very well how she have fallen in love with the country and it's children. They do need our help.

Now to you tile story. Laughed out lound when you told you would have kiled your friend if she had not brought you one as well. LOL:)) Some things are made for loving but not nessisary on first sight. The things we learn to love we keep the longest also.

And thank you ever so much for your compliments. They make me smile like a star.

Hugs!

Lineca

Seawashed said...

I love this...I love her heart...at age 19 my heart was for Africa. I dreamed of the day I would live there. I thought after college I would go and never come back. But I never did make it to my african home. Yes, it felt like home to me, even though I had never been. I studied the culture in college. My minor was African studies. My B.A degree was Food & Nutrition. I was going to work in a health clinic with Mothers and babies with the Peace Corps. I know your daughter's heart. I'm thankful you let her go. My parents did not support my desire to go. I will keep her in my prayers(and you!)

Followers Thank you all so much,your comments just make my day!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starting over isn't easy but its what I am doing,married for 26 years I now find myself on my own..I have two amazing grown children..and will soon have a new daughter in law..so much to look forward too! Please stop by when ever you like,my door is always open!