MAY...

MAY...
If you love all things French...white..worn..chipped and old..your in the right place..come stay awhile...

Tuesday, August 26, 2014

French Farmhouse Style in the City....

                              There is only so much you can do in a teeny-tiny kitchen...
                              This past week however I went from not really liking my kitchen....
                          to LOVING my kitchen....all thanks to a couple days work and a can of black paint! Gone are the horrid blotchy brown counters...after a year and a half it was long overdue.
                           Now the space feels fresh and clean...and inviting...
                              well worth the effort and the cost...which by the way even with some new goodies was well under $300....silly me..I splurged on two new island stools and didn't get a photo of them...will show them to you another time...
                             Hope you liked my mini kitchen re-do...
                thanks so much for taking the time to come by...till next time..xoxo

15 comments:

June said...

You put your beautiful stamp on it and now it looks like Chrissy lives here. I love it!!!
sending hugs...

chateau chic said...

You have an incredible talent to create beauty with everything you touch, Chrissy!
Mary Alice

primjillie said...

Very nice! Do you have to use a special paint?

Lara said...

LOVE! That chalkboard is the perfect thing!

The Blue Farmhouse said...

....and that's all that matters that You love it. Thanks for sharing:)

Rita

must love junk said...

You've added SO much personality to your kitchen! Love it all :)
Susan

lala said...

Oh, it looks positively lovely!!!! Wonderful idea to paint the countertop - and all of your accessories make it such an enjoyable space - just beautiful!

Burlap Luxe said...

Love the look, could so move in :)
It's all so much my style.

Xx
Dore

Musings From A French Cottage said...

Chrissy,

Your kitchen is beautiful! You did a wonderful job painting those counters and they look fabulous. You have that magic touch. Can't wait to see the stools! Love your chalkboard - perfection!!

Hugs,
Kathleen

Dayle ~ A Collection of Days said...

I was up too late and wasting too much time, but then I ran across your blog and felt right at home. It's lovely what you've done.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Oh you have a LOVELY kitchen...I really like it!
Have a great week, take care!
Love,
Titti

Burlap Luxe said...

Dropped in on you for another inspiring Rustic look around, I love how this all feels, I wish my counters were black any thing but my tile. This is a perfect quaint kitchen to play house in :)

See you soon
Dore

Unknown said...

"The Apothecary Shop" has been included in our Sites To See #396. Be assured that we hope this helps to point many new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/09/sites-to-see-396.html

Sherry Blue Sky said...

What a transformation. Really beautiful.

Peggy said...

Great idea to paint the countertops! I love the look of your kitchen. What style.

Followers Thank you all so much,your comments just make my day!

Blog Archive

About Me

My photo
Starting over isn't easy but its what I am doing,married for 26 years I now find myself on my own..I have two amazing grown children..and will soon have a new daughter in law..so much to look forward too! Please stop by when ever you like,my door is always open!