September...

September...
If you love all things French...white..worn..chipped and old..your in the right place..come stay awhile...

Monday, February 17, 2014

Unapologetically Dark....

                             It wasn't until I finished "tweeking" the dining room....
                              that I was once again reminded  that all the furniture in here is dark... 
                             from my old bench & shelf ....
                               to the harvest table..
                            and filing cabinet...even the chalk board is dark ..   
                            but it's ok....the room itself is light and bright...and full of sunshine(do you remember what that is...) its my unapologetically dark room...and for now it works for me! Till next time, all the best...Chrissy x0x0

10 comments:

Sandi~A Cottage Muse said...

It is a beautiful room and all the dark pieces make it so warm and inviting!

WhiteWhispers2u said...

I so am loving the white walls with dark wood pieces.I have this in my home and just love it! It looks rustic-licious !!!

Kate said...

Chrissy OM GOSH I so love it!!! Its beautiful the chalkboard everything is full of warmth.

Perfect rustic mix! Have a great week!

Kate xoxo

Fågel Blå said...

I love that so beautiful!
Whosh you a nice week
Kaqthrine

chateau chic said...

Your mix of whites and darker accessories work perfectly together!! Your lovely decor is always "bright" to me!
Mary Alice

Haworth said...

My little cottage is filled with dark wood, too, Chrissy! I do like the look of it and feel comfortable amongst the lovely grains and warmth of it. Your home is so charming and full of beauty! It's always a pleasure to stop by and see how you've arranged things.

Linda said...

Yes.....but....your accents are all shades of white♥️
Cheers!
Linda :o)

Faded Charm said...

I love all your dark beauties especially with your white walls behind them. You know I always love to see photos of your decor:-)

Hope all is well and that you are staying warm this Winter.

xoxo
Kathleen

Burlap Luxe said...

Hi Chrissy,
I lové your vibe hère, but, you know this to be one of my favorite places to visit. Love the feeling of rustic primitive get clean white back drop to stage the beauty of your clean simply placed home pieces.
I could move all your pieces in my home and it would totally work with a beautiful merge.

Thank you dear for gracing your beauty and comment over at my place. The Target wood tray, Smith & Hawken would look great in your home as well, of course after a bit of sanding to it to age it as I did.

Your header is great, love that stone wall.

Xoxo
Doré

Fågel Blå said...

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this so lovely I love it!
Whish you a nice week
Hugs Kathrine

Followers Thank you all so much,your comments just make my day!

About Me

My Photo
Starting over isn't easy but its what I am doing,married for 26 years I now find myself on my own..I have two amazing grown children..and will soon have a new daughter in law..so much to look forward too! Please stop by when ever you like,my door is always open!